Kings of Indigo places an equal importance on being a socially sustainable company, as well as environmentally sustainable. Kings of Indigo ensure fair and safe working conditions for all those who contribute to making beautiful garments for the brand. Since 2012, Kings of Indigo has been a proud member of the Fair Wear Foundation (FWF).
- We are a Member since 2013
- International multi-stakeholder initiative committed to working with member companies to improve supply chains and working conditions in garment production locations worldwide.
- Operating according the Code of Labor Practice (More information about the "code of labour pratice" click here)
- Audit and training organization at factory level
- Focus on Social responsibility between brand and production location with focus on: stitching, laundry locations for KOI
- Social, health & safety only
- FWF IS NOT AN CERTIFICATION COMPANY!
The international verification initiative FWF made it its mission to improve the working conditions in the garment supply chain worldwide. With the FWF membership Kings of Indigo committed to follow the “Code of Labour Practice” in all its production facilities.
This code is based on the principals of the International Labour Organisation (ILO) and the Universal Declaration on Human Rights.
It defines high-level standards for the working conditions to enhance the quality of life for workers.With the yearly Brand Performance Check FWF checks the implementation of that code and makes sure that it is followed properly.
Brandperformance check (2018!).
Kings of Indigo Social Report 2018
THE BRAND PERFORMANCE CHECK
- One time a year
- Internal management systems are checked and reviewed to assess how the company has implemented the Code of Labor Practice (FWF) in cooperation with the suppliers
- Check and review on: production planning, purchasing, supplier relationships, leverage, monitoring of the production sites.
- Monitoring is how we work with our partners and support production, problem-solving and deficiencies to improve the performance of them
- Complaints handling
- Read all about the work we have done and will do in the future in our Brand Performance Check 2018